Feature Proposals/IQM Format Support
The Inter-Quake Model (IQM) format was developed by Lee Salzman (aka eihrul) as a more modern alternative to the formats popularly used in the open-source community prior to its introduction.
Advantages over MD5
- Triangle adjacency data
- Non-uniform joint scaling
- Variable vertex attributes:
- Position (equivalent to MD2 and MD3 style of animation)
- Texture coordinates
- Animation and model files may be combined (if desired)
- A binary ("compiled") format is an option.