The Dæmon Media Authoring Kit is a CMake recipe to build common tools to build assets.
It can build and install:
- NetRadiant (game level editor) with NetRadiant Unvanquished gamepack;
- Q3map2 (game level compiler);
- DaemonMap (navmesh generator);
- Chameleon (level rextexturing tool);
- Sloth (material generator);
- Urcheon (asset builder and packager);
- Crunch (CRN texture compressor);
- Iqmtool (model compiler);
- cwebp (WebP image converter);
- flac (FLAC audio converter);
- opusenc (Opus audio converter);
- oggenc (Vorbis audio converter).
See Tools for details about Unvanquished tools.
How to build and install
by default CMake will try to detect some existing tools and may skip building some, if you want to build everything yourself even if you already have some of the tools, you can do
cmake -H. -Bbuild -DBUILD_ALL=ON.
git clone https://github.com/DaemonEngine/DaemonMediaAuthoringKit.git cmake -H. -Bbuild cmake --build build -- -j$(nproc)
CMake will download sources, compile them and install binaries and other files in the
How to use
You can then add the
install/bin/ directory to your
PATH environment variable:
After that, you can call every tool from command line, for example