See Tools for a generic list of more tools (not necessarily mapping ones).
See DaemonMediaAuthoringKit for an easy way to build mapping tools on Linux.
Graphical mapping tools
- NetRadiant is a graphical level editor, see also Level editors for other available editors.
- Chameleon is a graphical application to assist mappers in replacing textures in game levels.
In-game mapping tools
Command line mapping tools
- Q3map2 is a command-line tool to compile game levels, provided with NetRadiant;
- Sloth is a command-line tool to generates shader files from directories of texture maps;
- Urcheon is a command-line tool to build and package asset repositories.
See also Tools/IQM for tools to create IQM models to use in maps.