Install and play
Get started easy
You're in a rush? Follow few steps to be ready to play.
Getting the game
Most users will want to download the launcher from the download page on our website.
Using the universal zip instead may require for you to have specific knowledge about your operating system to get the game running. Prefer the launcher if possible.
Alternatively you can download the universal zip on:
See Coding for tips and guides on compiling.
Running and Configuration
- Using the console;
- Colours in names and chat;
- Runtime options for example screen resolution, game data location;
- Creating custom keybinds;
- GPU compatibility matrix.
Unvanquished has lots of them. We have an extensive bugtracker that we invite you to add your bugs to.
- Have a read of our Bug reporting page for tips on making effective reports;
- Search the bugtracker for bugs similar to yours before adding a new one;
- Some of the tips on the Testing page may be useful.
Getting in Contact
The two best ways to get in contact with other community members are: